The Portalevel® IS is a Zone 1 Approved ATEX Liquid Level Indicator and focuses on inspecting fire suppression cylinders installed in highly sensitive environments.
Coltraco Portalevel Intrinsically Safe
The Portalevel® IS is a specialist intrinsically safe ultrasonic liquid level indicator designed for testing liquid contents inside fire suppression systems, in explosive atmospheres. With approval from Ex Veritas, the device is ideal for testing the cylinder contents of fire suppression systems in hazardous areas.
Intrinsically Safe Ultrasonic Level Indicator – Fire Safety in Hazardous Zones
- Approved to Zone 1, II 2 G Ex ib IIA T4 Gb standard, the Portalevel® IS is capable of working even in the most sensitive of environments.
- Its primary function is to detect the liquid level in fire suppression cylinders including CO2, FM200™, NOVEC 1230® and all other fire suppression agents, where the systems are installed in ATEX Zones.
- Critically, this removes the need for inspecting fire systems using a Hot Work Permit and offers significant time, cost and safety benefits when compared to weighing.
Accurate, Easy to Use and Low Risk
- Powerful Testing: Due to the low power requirements of ATEX Approval, the unit has been evolved to have 3 different Calibration bands and 4 different power levels.
- Flexible: The Calibration bands allow the unit to set itself up on a wide variety of different cylinder types with minimal input from the user.
- Accurate: This is critical in maintaining high levels of accuracy (+/- 1.5mm), ease of use and low risk of user error during testing. The different power levels then allow for testing much larger or corroded tanks.
Maintain fire safety in safety critical areas
If you are maintaining fire suppression systems to identify cylinder contents of liquefied agents e.g. CO2, clean agent etc, in areas where you require Zone 1 instrumentation, you should use the Portalevel® IS. Our intrinsically safe Ultrasonic Level Indicator is safer than weighing. It is the only ExVeritas approved Portalevel® model available from Coltraco Ultrasonics.
Intended for use in areas where an explosive atmosphere is likely to occur in normal operation and must ensure a high level of protection. Examples of these areas are environments with gas, vapours and mists (IECEx Zone 1) such as:
- LNG Tankers
- Offshore Platforms with flammable gases
- Chemical plants
- Hazardous material storage facilities
- Automotive paint booths
- Gas plants and facilities
- Aircraft hangers
- Fuel servicing areas