The Cygnus 4+ Mk5 ultrasonic thickness gauge is small, tough and accurate. Designed for the harshest of environments and toughest NDT jobs, with a simple to use keypad and intuitive menus and a colour LCD display which can be viewed in all lighting conditions.
The twin shot injection moulded enclosure has a soft but durable TPE outer skin which is both comfortable and extremely durable while the inner shell is strong, keeping the electronics totally sealed from the outside world.
The gauge features sequential data logging and an A-Scan display.
The instrument has three measurement modes:
- Multiple-Echo to provide extremely accurate measurements while ignoring protective coatings up to 20 mm thick;
- Echo-Echo for measurements on painted metals but with heavy back wall corrosion / pitting and;
- Single-Echo for measurements on uncoated surfaces with heavy front face and/or backwall corrosion and attenuative materials such as cast metals or plastics / composites.
- Multiple-Echo for reliable, accurate through coating measurements
- Single-Echo and Echo-Echo measuring modes
- Large bright colour LCD screen with automatic LCD back light
- Min / max measurement limit functions with visual and vibrate alert
- Extremely rugged enclosure – shock and impact to MIL STD 810G
- Environment sealing to IP67 – MIL STD810G
- Deep-coat mode, measure through coating up to 20 mm thick
- Cygnus echo-strength bars assist thickness measurements in Multiple-Echo mode
- TPE over moulded enclosure
- Buttons designed for minimum of 100,000 depressions
- Fully sealed battery compartment (contains any leaking battery fluids)
- A-scan display
- MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) for Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes
- Sequential data logging
- Automatic probe recognition for S2C and twin crystal probes.