Cygnus ROV mountable thickness gauges have long been a favourite in the offshore and underwater industry. The Instruments have become the industry standard due to their durability, ruggedness, ability to ignore coatings and extreme ease of use. They have already been proven many times over in the harsh conditions that exist in these industries worldwide.
The Cygnus Mini ROV thickness gauge can be mounted onto small inspection class ROV’s. It can be used to inspect inside pipelines and other difficult to reach places where it is too dangerous for divers to go. It is also ideal for taking thickness measurements on ships hulls at the same time as doing visual inspection.
- Pressure tested to 500m.
- Small, lightweight and easy to install.
- Optional dedicated probe holder to allow measurements on curved or flat surfaces
- Supplied with CygLink software to display and log thickness measurements from the ROV on a computer at the surface which can be saved to a file and printed out.
- CygLink has two data logging facilities: Quick Log for simple recording of thickness measurements and Structured mode with four templates available – Single Point, Multi Point, Grid Point and Key Point.
- The Cygnus Top Side Repeater (TSR) is available as an option and has the facility to display the thickness measurements remotely and overlay them on to a video signal. This allows the measurements to be superimposed on the ROV camera’s monitor screen.
- Easy calibration at the surface via CygLink software or Top Side Repeater (TSR) unit.
- Only one twisted pair is required to transfer the data to the surface.
|Deepwater Pipeline Inspection
|Pier & Piling Inspection
|Sound velocities between 1000 to 9995 m/s
|Range in steel:
|3mm – 250mm with 2.25 MHz probe
2mm – 150mm with 3.5 MHz probe
1mm – 50mm with 5 MHz probe
|Single crystal soft-faced compression remote probe.
13mm – 2.25, 3.5 or 5MHz
19mm – 2.25 MHz
|7.0 – 30V DC @ 150mA (max)
|160mm x 62mm
|Weight in Air:
|-10°C to 50°C
|RS-422, Simplex Single Pair, 2400 Baud