The new Cygnus Underwater is IPX8 rated, which allows continuous underwater operation up to 300 m depth. The new feature of “Deep-Coat” mode facilitates measuring through even thicker coatings up to 20 mm thick. The Cygnus Underwater gauge is now certified to RINA (the Italian classification society).
Other features include convenient calibration buttons, echo strength indication and automatic probe recognition (APR), which detects the probe type and optimises the electronics accordingly. The gauge benefits from a large, bright LED display for use in poor visibility conditions. When surface verification is required the Cygnus Underwater can be upgraded to include the topside display options and any length of umbilical cable up to 1000 m long. This upgrade is straight forward – simply plug in the topside repeater and go! The standard kit includes 2 rechargeable NiMH battery packs, which give over 60 hours’ measuring time and eliminate down-time for battery charging.
With the benefit of all these features, the new Cygnus Underwater is not just the lightest (950 g) and smallest (235 x 75 mm) underwater gauge available, but also the easiest to use for all typical underwater inspections: ship hulls, semi-sub structures, subsea pipelines, offshore structures, jackets, piers, pilings, etc.
- Auto – Probe Recognition (APR) NEW!
- “Deep-Coat” mode for measuring through coatings up to 20 mm thick NEW!
- Easy calibration using convenient buttons NEW!
- Rugged, durable, shock-proof construction
- Stable calibration – linear accuracy – no zero adjustment
- Large bright LED display for poor visibility
- Pressure rated to 300 m depth
- Heavy duty sealed unit with double ‘O’ ring protection
- Remote probe with 0.9 m lead for measuring in awkward locations
- Self verification of measurements to ensure accuracy
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement
- All probes are protected by a membrane to prevent damage
- Various probe options
- Two rechargeable battery packs with charger
- Fixed head probe option for single handed use
- Measures remaining metal thickness on corroded and coated structures
- All measurements are error checked using 3 return echoes to give repeatable, reliable results
- Accepted by all major classification societies
- Greatly reduces inspection time and costs