Our most popular general purpose couplant.
UltraSoniX High Performance Ultrasonic Couplant
- UltraSoniX is a high-performance couplant, available in two viscosities: High viscosity couplant remains in place on vertical and overhead surfaces. Medium viscosity for spreading.
- 10°F to 220°F (-12°C to 104.4°C) temperature range for most flaw detection and thickness gaging applications.
- Water-soluble: easy to remove
- Environment and operator-friendly – no formaldehyde, nitrates, nitrites, or glycol ethers.
- Lower residue than most UT couplants.
- Meets FAA Advisory Circular AC 25-29 which states: Procedures need to ensure glycerin is not used on aluminium materials, as it may cause corrosion.
- No glycerin as required for carbon fiber composites.
- Removal: Wipe with wet or dry paper or cloth rag or water wash.
- Operating Range
10°F to 220°F (-12°C to 104.4°C)
Medium (standard) ~60,000 cps, flowable gel
High ~ 165,000 cps, stiff gel
- Halogens and Sulphur
Less than 50 ppm
8.0 nominal at 20°C
ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code (T-533)
Conforms to FAA Circular Advisory AC No: 25-29
NAVSHIPS 250 – 1500
Nuclear grade (less than 50 ppm Halogens & Sulfur)
- 4-oz/118 ml bottles
- 8-oz/236.6 ml bottles
- 12-oz/355 ml bottles
- 1 gal / 3.8 L, with one bottle, dispensing cap
- 5 gallon / 18.9 L, two bottles, dispensing faucet
- 55 gal / 208 L drum
Developed by the original creators of the Sonotech range, UltraSoniX replaced Ultragel II in our range of couplants.