18kg block for use with D.C. Electromagnetic and Permanent Magnet yokes in accordance with AS2083.
Certified MPI 18kg Test Block Weights
- 18kg block for use with D.C. Electromagnetic and Permanent Magnet yokes
- Stamped with serial number and actual weight.
- Includes certificate
- In accordance with Australian Standard AS1171 (see below)
2.2.2 – Permanent magnets and D.C. electromagnets Unless otherwise specified, permanent magnets and D.C. electromagnets (D.C. yokes) shall be capable of lifting not less than 18 kg of mild steel at a pole spacing of between 75 mm and 300 mm.
2.2.3 – A.C. electromagnets Unless otherwise specified, A.C. electromagnets (A.C. yokes) shall be capable of lifting not less than 4.5 kg of mild steel at a pole spacing of between 75 mm and 300 mm.
- As the strength of magnetization resulting from the use of d.c. electromagnets and especially permanent magnets is relatively low, this type of equipment should only be used where other methods of magnetization are not available or are unsuitable.
- The lifting test pieces applicable to Clauses 2.2.2 and 2.2.3 are manufactured from a rectangular bar with one face at least 30 mm wide. The steel should be similar in chemical composition to grade 1020 of AS 1442 and be in the annealed condition.