EchoPure is the couplant of choice for Phased Array UT Inspection (PAUT). EchoPure improves defect reproducibility by eliminating dry spots under the wedge and the resulting noise and artifacts.
EchoPure complies with P91 steel inspection requirement for a water-free couplant.
EchoPure is an ideal couplant for very cold inspection (liquid gas piping and refrigerant lines) and will not frost or attenuate at temperatures as low as -60°F.
EchoPure is excellent for high temperature use such as warm welds up to 350°F and on pipe in the desert summer sun, where slow evaporation and long inspection windows are desired.
With its low toxicity, EchoPure is a good choice for inspection in food processing plants.
EchoPure is the safest commercial NDT ultrasonic couplant. EchoPure is manufactured using only ingredients that are Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) as food additives by the US FDA.
EchoPure is a water-free, water-soluble ultrasonic couplant that has a broad operating range, is slow drying and provides excellent transducer lubrication.
- Operating range: -60 to 350°F (-51 to 177°C)
- Available in three viscosities: Low viscosity fluid, Medium viscosity fluid, or High viscosity stiff gel like fluid
- Environment and operator friendly: no formaldehydes, phosphates, silicones, fragrances, nitrates, nitrites, heavy metals, azoles, antimicrobials or fungicides
- Safe: all ingredients are approved for incidental food contact
- Slow drying: extended drying time
- Water soluble
- Excellent acoustic properties
- Compatible with most metals, composites and plastics
- Mild ferrous corrosion inhibition less corrosive than water alone
- Removal: Wipe with a rag or water wash