Unique patented electo-etched surface layout grid ensures proper spacing between impressions. Five master Brinell impressions are clearly identifiable.
Manufactured from de-carb free tool steel. Meets ASTM E-10 specifications
Aluminium test blocks available for lower harndess ranges.
Unique electro-etched surface layout grid ensures proper spacing between indentations, makes full use of test surface and helps eliminate errors or improper positioning by targeting test locations.
5 master Brinell impressions are clearly identifiable, certified in accordance to ASTM E-10, on equipment calibrated and traceable to NIST. The arithmetic mean of these 5 impressions is inscribed on the block both in BHN Hardness and diameter in millimeters.
Master impressions are made by a Brinell tester with oil dampened dead-weight electronically controlled cycle to insure uniformity of testing.
Master impressions are calibrated using the most advanced optical calibration equipment available.
Diamond polished reflective surface finish is grain free for ease of reading even in dark areas.
- KING MASTER Test block meets ASTM E-10 standards.
- All test measurement equipment is calibrated and traceable to NIST.
- Test block dimensions (12″ square test surface): Length 6″ (15.24 cm), Width 2″ (5.08 cm), Thickness 5/8″ (1.59 cm)
- Material: De-Carb free tool steel.
- Brinell Calibrations: HB 200 – HB 500 (3000 kg).
Blocks are available in varying hardnesses between 200-500 in approximate increments of 20HB