Flex transducers are ideal for inspecting radius areas of composites and accessing complex geometries in metals, such as weld cap areas or castings. These piezo-electric made transducers are thin, soft, compliant ultrasonic probes that can conform to curved surfaces using finger-tip pressure.
Phoenix Flex Transducers
Flex transducers are thin, compliant ultrasonic probes that can conform to curved surfaces using fingertip pressure. This enables them to be used on non-flat components to provide improved ultrasound transmission compared to standard hard faced transducers.
Flex transducers are made of a thin but durable piezo-electric material that is soft enough to bend and can be shaped to suit curved geometry. By using a soft backing layer, the flexibility of the crystal is retained.
The Flex series are available as single element (FFSC), dual element (FFTC), composite single element (CFFSC), and composite dual element (CFFTC) formats. Standard Flex transducers are 5MHz or 10MHz at sizes of Ø6mm, Ø10mm or Ø20mm diameter.
Flex transducers are ideal for inspecting radius areas of composites and accessing complex geometries in metals, such as weld cap areas or castings. They can be used with any standard ultrasonic instrument.
- Manufactured from flexible piezo-electric material that is conformable to curved and rough surfaces.
- Excellent bandwidth for high resolution.
- Available in single element and dual element formats.
- Frequencies from 1MHz – 10MHz.
- Diameters from Ø3mm – Ø20mm.
- Low profile; approximately 3mm height.
- Microdot connection; compatible with any conventional ultrasonic instrument.