SoniX provides a strong, lubricious, water-soluble coupling film as a universal ambient temperature NDT ultrasonic couplant.
SoniX Ultrasonic Couplant
- Strong ultrasonic coupling film strength.
- Slow drying for an extended inspection time.
- Good ferrous corrosion inhibition; compatible with most metals, plastics, and composites.
- Completely salt stable; will not thin with corrosion, marine environment, or highway infrastructure subjected to de-icing salts.
- Safety: environmentally benign.
- Environment and operator-friendly – no formaldehydes, nitrates, or nitrites.
- Operating Range
18°F to 120°F (-8°C to 50°C) for most flaw detection and thickness gaging applications.
Medium: 40,000 cps LVT Spindle 4 @ 6 rpm
- Halogens and Sulphur
Less than 50 ppm
8.0 nominal at 20°C
ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code (T-533)
FAA AC #25-29 (Glycerin-free)
- Removal Wash with water or wipe with paper or cloth rag before couplant dries. If couplant has dried, pressure wash or use brush and running water.
1 gal / 3.8 liter, with one bottle, dispensing cap
5 gal / 18.9 liter, two bottles, dispensing faucet
7- gallon/26.5 liter pail with lid and pour spout
55 gal / 208 liter drum