This simple and versatile encoding device is ideal for single-axis manual phased array inspections including: Pipe and vessel welds, Bolt hole crack detection, Linear array corrosion mapping, B and D-scans.
Phoenix C-Clamp Encoder
The C-Clamp encoder is an economical universal accessory for single axis inspections requiring no tools for setup and operation. Ideally suited to linear manual phased array inspections it can also fit a broad range of ultrasonic transducers and wedges. The compact design allows use in areas with limited access.
The C-Clamp Encoder arms can be quickly adjusted to the transducer or wedge width and then locked and clamped with thumbscrews. The waterproof wheel encoder is then fitted either behind or alongside the clamp dependent upon the inspection needs. The encoder is spring loaded onto the surface with the spring tension adjustable via the attachment thumb screw.
- Clamp width: Max opening 55mm
- Encoder wheel diameter: 39mm
- Encoder Resolution: 65.6 steps/mm
- Spring loaded waterproof wheel encoder. IP68 rated
- Can be positioned at 0° & 90° (for B & D scans)
- Termination options available for any manufacturers instrumentation