Sp-Arc is a unique mapping tool for measuring wall thickness longitudinally along small bore ferritic pipes, enabling continuous corrosion assessment along unlimited lengths. The scanner houses a curved ultrasonic array probe immersed in a water box with a compliant, low-friction foam seal.
Phoenix SpArc Scanner
The innovative design of the SpArc scanner provides fast, continuous ultrasonic corrosion mapping of a sector of the pipe circumference. A single adjustable buggy operates on pipes from 1” – 4” NPS.
At the core of the scanner is an irrigated water box housing a curved ultrasonic array probe, set concentric to the pipe surface. The water box seals to the pipe using a soft foam, coated with a low-friction protective layer to improve both wear resistance and durability. The foam seals are a simple and inexpensive component to replace. Dedicated water boxes for specific pipe sizes are easily interchanged on the buggy to cover the full range of pipe diameters.
The SpArc scanner is equipped with four high strength magnetic wheels, with their separation adjustable to suit the pipe diameter. In addition the transducer height is independently set to align the array to the pipe surface, making it simple, quick and easy to install and operate.
- Covers the important inspection area on the underside of pipes
- Up to 120° coverage in a single scan (1-2” NPS)
- Scans small bore pipes from 1” – 4” NPS
- Immersion quality ultrasonic data provides excellent near-surface resolution
- Magnetic wheeled buggy for use on 1—4” NPS pipes
- Dedicated irrigated water boxes available (1”, 2”, 3” and 4”) and easily interchanged
- Water box can be independently raised and lowered relative to the buggy to fine tune the concentricity
- Three ultrasonic curved phased array transducers available (R35, R55 & R70) to cover the complete pipe size range
- Spring loaded waterproof wheel encoder. IP68 rated
- Encoder Resolution: 65.6 steps/mm